Monday, February 28, 2011

Congrats to Kevin Brownlow.

During last nights (awkward and confused) Academy Awards ceremony, I was glad to see Kevin Brownlow get some long due recognition for all the work he's done to preserve and document silent films.

I've been a huge fan for a few years now after I came across his amazing book The Parade's Gone By... which is a collection of interviews and recollections by those who lived, worked, and starred in the films of the silent era. There is also an amazing 13 part documentary he made on the silent era of Hollywood, which is available on youtube, that I would highly recommend to any film fan. (actually it looks like it is no longer available on youtube!!)

Here is his acceptance speech for the 2010 Governors Awards, and following that a clip from Hollywood...
Unfortunately I can not embed the acceptance speech but you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCOub1qMdsY



No comments: